CheckMyTour provides a unique combination of mobile data recording, location-based services and social networking. By means of GPS, the CheckMyTour App allows you to track your route on the road automatically, to keep track of your activities, comments, photos and to provide all that information in a personalized Tour Book which may be uploaded to the online community.
For this, CheckMyTour is based on three major paradigms:
Your Tour Book, just like a log book, keeps track of all your tours and activities. You may decide to keep your Tour Book private, share it with friends or even publish it to the whole wide world. A Tour Book not only contains the GPS-based track of all your tours but also all your activities, your photos, comments, recommendations and notes - each directly associated with the exact location of the particular activity. Powerful statistics will help you later on to review and analyze your tours.
Checking In with your smartphone proves you really have been to that particular place or event. Not only that. Your Check Ins connect the Tour Book entries with highly focused content from Wikipedia, web sites and other sources thus providing much richer content than the pure GPS location itself. All that information will be directly visible on your tour map. Of course, you decide yourself who will get to see this information.
Your Tour Score or your personal tour status on CheckMyTour reflects all your activities in the online community, such as postings of photos, articles or comments, participation on groups and events, and of course your tours as they have been uploaded as Tour Books.
When you agree, your current location, your track and all your comments, photos and recommendations during your adventure are being published to the CheckMyTour portal, Facebook and Twitter directly while on tour. Via the CheckMyTour portal, you may review, manage and organize all your tours and Tour Books, find new tours, places to go or tour mates, and incorporate the experience and recommendations of others in your planning. And, of course, to stay in touch with other like-minded people who love going on tours as much as you do.
In some more detail, the mobile app and the online portal of CheckMyTour offer numerous functions which are particular useful when being combined:
- Record your tour via GPS
- Log local weather
- Set waypoint markers
- Keep track of places and activities by check-ins
- View a map of your tour
- Share your current position
- See photos located on your tour map
- Comment on places
- Integrate with Twitter, Facebook, Gowalla and Foursquare
- Upload tours from your smartphone
- See a personalized Tour Book with all your tours
- Find interesting spots and tours
- Get in touch with tour partners
- Arrange and organize a joint tour
- Connect with local groups and networks
- Upload photos from your tour
- View interesting videos of tours
- Integrate with Twitter and Facebook
- Auto-Login by means of various social networks
More information about all the functions included with your smartphone app and the online portal is available via the specific menu items in the navgation area on top of this page.
Benefits of CheckMyTour
- Unique combination of mobile data recording, location-based services and an online community
- Recording of position and data fully automatic or with very limited manual intervention
- Seamless integration of various services and data sources via the Internet
- Optimized power consumption allowing a a full day trip without the need to charge
- Smartphone fully operational by tracking in the background
- Smartphone device fully protected even on the road since no external attachment required
CheckMyTour integrates with your social networks!